Puree vs Smoothie - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between puree and smoothie
is that puree
is puree while smoothie
is a smooth-talking person.
A food that has been ground or crushed into a thick liquid (e.g. tomato sauce is generally a puree).
(cooking) To crush or grind food into a purée.
A smooth-talking person.
* 2003 , Michael Lydon, Flashbacks: Eyewitness Accounts of the Rock Revolution, 1964-1974 (page 7)
A drink made from whole fruit, thus thicker than fruit juice.
A member of the mod subculture who is relatively non-violent and wears expensive clothing.
* 1987 , John Irwin (quoting Piri Thomas), The Felon
- True to their reputations, Paul was a smoothie who put a public relations gloss on everything he said, and John was abrasive and sarcastic, speaking his mind and letting the chips fall where they may.
* 1999 , Nick Johnstone, Abel Ferrara: The King of New York (page viii)
- The decision to cool myself made the next two years the hardest I had done because it meant being a smoothie and staying out of trouble, which in prison is difficult,
* 2011 , Gerard DeGroot (quoting Brown), Seventies Unplugged
- Film Comment's David Chute described him as: "small, stringy and intense, but he's better dressed and groomed (than Ferrara), less of a punk and more of a smoothie ."