A piece of hard candy on a stick; a lollipop.
* 2004 , , Feast: Food that Celebrates Life ,
(UK, slang, uncountable) Money.
(Australia, New Zealand) Any confection made from sugar, or high in sugar content; a sweet, a piece of candy.
* 1924 , Frank George Carpenter, Australia, New Zealand and Some Islands of the South Seas ,
- Trim the lolly' sticks, so that you have a stem of about 3–4cm to stick into the cake, and then plunge the sticks of the foreshortened ' lollies into the cake so that the ghoulish faces leer out from their black-frosted graveyard.
* 2002 , R.I.C. Publications, Primary Science ,
- Leaving the Domain, I walked back to the hotel, noticing the queer signs by the way. One was “Lollies for Sale.” It was over the door of a confectioner?s store where all sorts of candies were displayed.
* 2008 , ,
- Organise the students into small groups. Send a letter home to the parents stating that the science lesson will involve students eating a small amount of lollies'. Check which students are allowed to eat ' lollies . Students with diabetes will only be able to observe or they could bring their own ‘special’ sweets from home.
- He looked straight into Frau Diller?s spectacled eyes and said, ‘Mixed lollies , please.’
- Frau Diller smiled.‘Here,’ she said, tossing a single lolly onto the counter. ‘Mix it yourself.’
* candy (US)
* ice lolly
* lolly scramble
* 2001 , Marcie Begleiter, From word to image: storyboarding and the filmmaking process
* 2005 , Wendy Tumminello, Exploring Storyboarding (page 51)
- Another, though less common, use of depth of field can be found in the zolly , or zoom-with-a-counter-dolly shot. In this camera move, the characters or object being viewed will often stay the same relative scale while the lens length changes.
- In Jaws , Spielberg used the zolly effect when Brody witnesses a little boy eaten by the shark. Brody is sitting on the beach and as the camera dollies toward him, the zoom lens is pulled back.