Blimey vs Zoiks - What's the difference?
Blimey is a synonym of zoiks.
As interjections the difference between blimey and zoiks
is that blimey
is (uk|australia|new zealand) while zoiks
(UK, Australia, New Zealand)
* 1945 , , British Mysteries'', in ''The Kenneth Roberts Reader , 2002,
- Blimey ! I didn't see that!
* 2007 , Penny Vincenzi, The Dilemma ,
- “Blimey'!” he says in his rough, shepherd's voice, “' blimey , but it?s cruel ?ard to be chucked out of one?s digs wivout a blarsted word!”
- ‘Blimey ,’ said Barnaby. ‘Come on, Jack, quick as you can.’
* 2011 , Duncan Campbell, If It Bleeds ,
- ‘Blimey',’ said Jack. ‘' Blimey blimey blimey .’
- ‘Blimey ,’ said Laurie. ‘But how would he know that the Old Bill are going to swallow that? It?s a bit bloody obvious that someone must have planted it on Petrov, isn?t it?’
(terms derived from blimey)
* blimey O'Reilly
* blimey O'Riley
* cor blimey
* gawd blimey
* eff and blind
* blimey, cor, goodness me, goodness gracious