* zeidy, zaydeh, zeidi
* 1974 , Fran Ross, Oreo ISBN 9780914870005 page 207:
elderly man (as a term of respect)
* 3 November 1975 , John Simon, review of Lies My Father Told Me'', ''New York Magazine page 74:
- Perhaps, in these circumstances, he would greet his granddaughter as a zayde should, with love and affection.
* 1997 , Susan Berrin, A Heart of Wisdom ISBN 9781879045736 page 200:
- The zayde is, as the hoary formula demands, gruff on the outside but wonderful to his horse and David...
- To many people, the phrase "Jewish elderly" still conjures up images of bearded zaydes'' with ''yarmulkes ...
* OED 2006