Huh vs Yuh - What's the difference?
As an interjection huh
is (with falling pitch).
As a pronoun yuh is
(with falling pitch)
- Huh! I'm sure I locked it when I left.
(with rising pitch)
- Huh? Where did they go?
(rft-sense) (slang, with falling pitch)
- Where were you last night? Huh ?
- (belittlement)'' A:"''We should go to an amusement park, it would be fun.''" B:"''Huh. "
(informal, with rising pitch)
- (agreement)'' A""''Murder is bad.''" B:"''Huh! "
(informal, with falling pitch)
- Huh ? Could you speak up?
- It's getting kind of late, huh?
* ya also nonstandard
(chiefly, Jamaica) you