As nouns the difference between xor and xorn
is that xor
is the logic function exclusive OR (as opposed to inclusive OR), whose output is true only when exactly one of its inputs is true while xorn
is a fictional monster that devours earthen and silicate materials and can move freely through earth.
As a conjunction xor
is or (but not both.
As a verb XOR
is to perform the XOR function upon.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The logic function exclusive OR (as opposed to inclusive OR), whose output is true only when exactly one of its inputs is true.
(rare) or (but not both)
* 2002 , "Rob Janssen", The rock argument'' (on Internet newsgroup ''alt.atheism )
- The argument leads to the conclusion that an omnipotent being could rationally be able to do one xor the other and still be omnipotent.
(fantasy) A fictional monster that devours earthen and silicate materials and can move freely through earth.
* 2002 , "David Damerell", Where are they come from?(SIC) ;)'' (on newsgroup ''rec.games.roguelike.development )
* 2007 , "bear", Makes Lovely Julienne Ogres....'' (on newsgroup ''rec.games.roguelike.angband )
- Various monsters can tunnel through rock - either humanoid monsters with picks or rock eaters like rock moles and umber hulks; and some monsters like xorns and ghosts can pass through it without digging.
* 2010 , Roger Bourke White, Rostov Rising: The Tales of Baron Rostov (page 229)
- Teleporting from an open room where there were a dozen black orcs firing bows at me and more pouring in through both doors a few nights ago didn't work the first two times, then when it did work it landed me, low on mana and hitpoints, in a room full of gnome mages who instantly summoned four umber hulks and a xorn !
- That afternoon, I summoned a Xorn —an earth elemental noted for its speed—and asked it to scout the caves of the Dragon's lair for me.