Wonderboy vs Wonderchild - What's the difference?
Wonderboy is a hyponym of wonderchild.
As nouns the difference between wonderboy and wonderchild
is that wonderboy
is (informal) a male child prodigy, or (loosely) a talented male of any age while wonderchild
is a child prodigy.
(informal) A male child prodigy, or (loosely) a talented male of any age.
* 1986 , Don Belton, Almost midnight?
* 1992 , James B Stewart, Den of thieves
- Daddy had been using that child for a boy prophet, building up a whole new ministry around him, since the child was four years old, calling him a wonderboy ...
* 2004 , Joshua Cooper Ramo, No Visible Horizon: Surviving the World's Most Dangerous Sport
- ...the wonderboys of Detroit and Wall Street...
- He could have been a robot really. He could be taught to do anything, the coaches thought. He was a wonderboy .
A child prodigy.
* wonderboy (male only)
* The plural is relatively rare.