Fictional vs Wolpertinger - What's the difference?
As an adjective fictional
is invented, as opposed to real.
As a noun wolpertinger is
a fictional creature said to inhabit the alpine forests of bavaria, having various incongruous features such as wings, antlers, and fangs.
Invented, as opposed to real.
- Romeo and Juliet are fictional characters.
- The janitor's account of the crime turned out to be entirely fictional .
A fictional creature said to inhabit the alpine forests of Bavaria, having various incongruous features such as wings, antlers, and fangs.
* 1995 , Greg N Carlson, Francis Jeffry Pelletier, The generic book
* 2004 , Bill Cannon, Texas: Land of Legend and Lore
- The wolpertinger roams the mountains and forests of the Bavarian Alps.
* 2006 , Regine Eckardt, Meaning change in grammaticalization
- ...fall into the same category as Germany's wolpertingers , which we have seen on our visits to that country.
- We can however think of hypothetical worlds w' that contain wolpertingers and/or unicorns...