Bavaria vs Wolpertinger - What's the difference?
As a proper noun bavaria
is a historical region in middle europe.
As a noun wolpertinger is
a fictional creature said to inhabit the alpine forests of bavaria, having various incongruous features such as wings, antlers, and fangs.
(en proper noun
A historical region in Middle Europe.
The kingdom of Bavaria.
One of the component states of Germany according to the current administrative division of the nation, which includes the historical Bavaria and parts of Swabia and Franconia.
A fictional creature said to inhabit the alpine forests of Bavaria, having various incongruous features such as wings, antlers, and fangs.
* 1995 , Greg N Carlson, Francis Jeffry Pelletier, The generic book
* 2004 , Bill Cannon, Texas: Land of Legend and Lore
- The wolpertinger roams the mountains and forests of the Bavarian Alps.
* 2006 , Regine Eckardt, Meaning change in grammaticalization
- ...fall into the same category as Germany's wolpertingers , which we have seen on our visits to that country.
- We can however think of hypothetical worlds w' that contain wolpertingers and/or unicorns...