A large wild canid of certain subspecies of Canis lupus .
A man who makes amorous advances on many women.
(music) A wolf tone or wolf note; an unpleasant tone produced when a note matches the natural resonating frequency of the body of a musical instrument, the quality of which may be likened to the howl of a wolf.
One of the destructive, and usually hairy, larvae of several species of beetles and grain moths.
(figurative) Any very ravenous, rapacious, or destructive person or thing; especially, want; starvation.
* , chapter=7
The Mirror and the Lamp
A white worm, or maggot, which infests granaries.
(obsolete) An eating ulcer or sore. See lupus.
* Jeremy Taylor
A willying machine.
- If God should send a cancer upon thy face, or a wolf into thy side.
* (large wild canid) Canis lupus , canid
* (large wild canid) she-wolf
* (large wild canid) dingo, dog ; coyote, jackal, fox (other canids)
(terms derived from "wolf")
* Big Bad Wolf
* cry wolf
* grey wolf, gray wolf
* Mexican wolf
* raised by wolves
* red wolf
* sea wolf
* Tasmanian wolf
* white wolf
* wolf cub
* wolf down
* wolf in sheep's clothing
* wolf interval
* wolf tone
To devour; to gobble; to eat (something) voraciously.
* 1987 , James Ellroy, The Black Dahlia
* 2013 , Neil Martin, Collected Stories of the Sea
- After a wolfed burger dinner, I called the night number at Administrative Vice and inquired about known lesbian gathering places.
- Vicars seated himself and began wolfing a sandwich.
* gulp down, wolf down