Windjammer vs Jammer - What's the difference?
Windjammer is a see also of jammer.
As nouns the difference between windjammer and jammer
is that windjammer
is (us|slang|dated) a bugler while jammer
is any device used to jam radio reception.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(US, slang, dated) a bugler
(nautical) a large iron-hulled square-rigged sailing ship with three or more masts
(US, slang) a windbag, a loquacious person
a weatherproof jacket (windcheater)
Any device used to jam radio reception.
A form of swimwear used by athletes.
* 2001 , Newsgroups: rec.sport.swimming, Mon, 09 Jul 2001 21:39:52 GMT, Subject: Re: Laying out in Myrtle Beach
* 2006 , David West, 140.6 - One Man's Journey: The Metamorphosis from Casual Runner , page 62
- As for me, I wear a dragsuit to the pool, and regular trunks to the beach. In competitions, I wear speedos, but am more comfortable in "jammers ", which is a half-bodysuit.
* 2007 , Janet Evans, Janet Evans' Total Swimming , page 5
- In early May, I was starting to swim in jammers which I was not accustomed to or comfortable wearing. I have always thought that wearing spandex is an earned privelege, not a birthright.
A device (e.g. a jumar) which will slide along a rope in one direction but not the other, used in rock-climbing, caving etc.
(roller derby) A player in who attempts to score points by making their way past other players.
- Enter jammers' in the mid-1990s. ' Jammers have the look of biking shorts with skin-tight Lycra covering the thigh to mid-thigh or the knee, depending on the cut.