Voodoo vs Wicca - What's the difference?
As a noun voodoo
As a proper noun wicca is
a neopagan religion first popularised in 1954 by british civil servant , involving the worship of god and goddess and the observance of eight sabbats.
A religion of the Ewe/Fon of West Africa, practiced chiefly in Benin.
Any of a group of related religious practices found chiefly in and around the Caribbean, particularly in Haiti and Louisiana.
(pejorative) Any sort of magical or irrational approach to a problem.
(dated) One who practices voodoo; a native sorcerer.
* 1889 , Longman's Magazine (volume 14, page 557)
- I want a real explanation, not this statistical voodoo .
- So a reporter of the Boston Herald (U.S.) has 'interviewed' a few local Voodoos . He has seen a dance round a boiling pot, seen some tomfoolery with spiders, and heard a lot of superstitious nonsense.
* (religion of Africa or the Americas) vodoun, voudoun, vodun, voudou, Voodoo
* (religion) voodooism
* voodoo death
* voodoo doll
* voodoo economics
* voodoo programming
* voodoo science
To bewitch someone or something using
- He claimed his neighbor had voodooed him.
* (Haitian Vodou)
* (West African Vodun)
(en proper noun
A neopagan religion first popularised in 1954 by British civil servant , involving the worship of God and Goddess and the observance of eight Sabbats.
* Eclectic Wicca, Alexandrian Wicca, Gardnerian Wicca, Odyssean Wicca, Dianic Wicca, Celtic Wicca, Faery Wicca
* Wiccan, Wiccanism, Wiccanist