Ammunition vs Wherewithal - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Ammunition is a related term of wherewithal.
As nouns the difference between ammunition and wherewithal
is that ammunition
)articles used in charging firearms and ordnance of all kinds; as powder, balls, shot, shells, percussion caps, rockets, etc while wherewithal
is the ability and means required to accomplish some task.
As an adverb wherewithal is
(archaic) in what way; how.
(senseid)Articles used in charging firearms and ordnance of all kinds; as powder, balls, shot, shells, percussion caps, rockets, etc.
(obsolete) Military stores, or provisions of all kinds for attack or defense.
Any stock of missiles or supplies for a conflict, literal or figurative.
- ammunition''' bread; '''ammunition shoes
- Her bad behaviour is giving him ammunition''' for a divorce / '''ammunition for the next electoral debate.
* (articles used in charging firearms) ammo
The ability and means required to accomplish some task.
* I would like to help your project, but I do not have the wherewithal .
, date=December 15
, author=Felicity Cloake
, title=How to cook the perfect nut roast
, passage=Christmas queen Mary Berry's aubergine five-nut roast, from her Christmas Collection, is, as the name suggests, rather more focused on the nut side of things. Breadcrumbs play second fiddle to a medley of almonds, Brazils, chestnuts, pine nuts and pistachios which, although tangy with lemon juice and garlic, is outrageously dense. A single slice of this could leave you supine in front of the Queen's speech without even the wherewithal
to reach for the remote control.}}
* 1986 , , Penguin, paperback edition, page 67:
- "I just can't imagine," Philip said, "having that kind of self-knowledge, that kind of...wherewithal at fifteen.[...]"
(archaic) In what way; how.
* 1662 , , Psalm 119:9,
- Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way?