Wikidiffcom vs Wheezed - What's the difference?
As a verb wheezed is
Not English Wikidiffcom has no English definition. It may be misspelled.
A piping or whistling sound caused by difficult respiration.
An ordinary whisper exaggerated so as to produce the hoarse sound known as the "stage whisper"; a forcible whisper with some admixture of tone.
(British, slang) An ulterior scheme or plan
* 2011 "
Road rage; High petrol prices hurt, but will not throttle the economy", The Economist 19 November 2011:
(slang) Something very humorous or laughable.
- The main point of fuel duty, though, is as a fiscal wheeze : it made up 5% of the tax take in 2010.
- The new comedy is a wheeze .
- You think you're going to win? That's a real wheeze !
* See also
To breathe hard, and with an audible piping or whistling sound, as persons affected with asthma.
* 2001 , (Fourth Estate, paperback edition, 443)
- If the air smelled even faintly of dog, Lionel coughed, wheezed and sneezed.