Network vs Webwork - What's the difference?
Network is a synonym of webwork.
As nouns the difference between network and webwork
is that network
is a fabric or structure of fibrous elements attached to each other at regular intervals while webwork
is a net or web; something structured or interlinked in a weblike manner.
As a verb network
is to interact socially for the purpose of getting connections or personal advancement.
A fabric or structure of fibrous elements attached to each other at regular intervals.
Any interconnected group or system
A directory of people maintained for their advancement
- A network of roads crisscrossed the country.
(broadcasting) A group of affiliated television stations that broadcast common programs from a parent company.
* 2008 , Lou Schuler, "Foreward", in'' Nate Green, ''Built for Show , page xi
- To get a job in today's economy, it is important to have a strong network .
(computing) Multiple computers and other devices connected together to share information
- TV back then was five channels (three networks , PBS, and an independent station that ran I Love Lucy reruns),
- The copy machine is connected to the network so it can now serve as a printer.
* Bayesian network
* economic network
* social network
* computer network
* network subsystem
* neural network
* artificial neural network
* television network
* network card
To interact socially for the purpose of getting connections or personal advancement.
To connect two or more computers or other computerized devices.
- Many people find it worthwhile to network for jobs and information.
To interconnect a group or system.
- If we network his machine to the server, he will be able to see all the files.
A net or web; something structured or interlinked in a weblike manner.
* 1946 , William Allison Shimer, The American scholar
* 1990 , Noël Carroll, The philosophy of horror, or, Paradoxes of the heart
- Most frequently, the three make up the webwork of his literary fabric.
* 2002 , Sten F Odenwald, Patterns in the void: why nothing is important
- Very quickly it becomes evident that these webworks are part of an unaccountably large lair of thousands of spiders.
* 2003 , David Carr, The promise of cultural institutions
- In some sense, the entire webwork of space-time would dissolve...
* 2003 , Ben Jones, The rope eater
- If museums are to assist their users to explore and develop what they know, they must invite the avalanche of questions and create the webwork of connections that configure a learning life.
- Delicate fingers of frost reached up from the floor and extended down from the ceiling; the bottles were covered with a lacy webwork ...