(UK, Australia, New Zealand, slang, vulgar) Like a wanker; foolish or objectionable.
* 2007 , Mathilde Madden, The Silver Collar
(UK, slang, vulgar) Pretentious.
* 1993 , Henry Normal, Nude Modelling for the Afterlife
- I do feel like a bit of a jealous wanky idiot.
* 1997 April, Jessica Hopper, ,
- Must always have a worse time than me at parties. Must hate parties, students, arty wankers, wanky art students, parties with wanky art students.
* 1995 , Nick Hornby, High Fidelity
- Donita Sparks?s patented “I'm still dead” vocals and wanky guitar often beg to be fast forwarded (“Drama” comes off like Helmet sans pretentious time signatures), but that?s your problem. L7 are perfectly happy to rock, dress like roadies, and fall off bar stools with glee-filled abandon.
* 2008 , Richard Flanagan, The Unknown Terrorist
- That Leo Sayer haircut and those dungarees, and the stupid laugh and the wanky right-on politics...
- We talked a bit — it was that wanky bar in town, the Art Bar — and first it was good, but then he got going on about justice, how there wasn't any.
(slang, vulgar) An event, publication, etc. that is wanky: narcissistically foolish or pretentious.
* 2001 , Vincent McInerney, Writing for radio
* 2004 , Neil Kulkarni, Hip hop: bring the noise: the stories behind the biggest songs
- If what you write has any worth, it may lie submerged for a time, but will eventually surface when the present wankfest has passed.
*2014 , Laurie Penny, The New Statesman , 12 Jan 2014:
*:Whose wankfest is this anyway? The BBC's Sherlock'' doesn’t just engage with fan fiction - it ''is fan fiction.
- Most rap albums are too long — fact. lt's one of the perils of CDs that many albums in all genres have turned into over-indulgent wankfests ...