(UK, Australia, New Zealand, slang, vulgar) Like a wanker; foolish or objectionable.
* 2007 , Mathilde Madden, The Silver Collar
(UK, slang, vulgar) Pretentious.
* 1993 , Henry Normal, Nude Modelling for the Afterlife
- I do feel like a bit of a jealous wanky idiot.
* 1997 April, Jessica Hopper, ,
- Must always have a worse time than me at parties. Must hate parties, students, arty wankers, wanky art students, parties with wanky art students.
* 1995 , Nick Hornby, High Fidelity
- Donita Sparks?s patented “I'm still dead” vocals and wanky guitar often beg to be fast forwarded (“Drama” comes off like Helmet sans pretentious time signatures), but that?s your problem. L7 are perfectly happy to rock, dress like roadies, and fall off bar stools with glee-filled abandon.
* 2008 , Richard Flanagan, The Unknown Terrorist
- That Leo Sayer haircut and those dungarees, and the stupid laugh and the wanky right-on politics...
- We talked a bit — it was that wanky bar in town, the Art Bar — and first it was good, but then he got going on about justice, how there wasn't any.