Crocodile vs Wallet - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between crocodile and wallet
is that crocodile
is any of the predatory amphibious reptiles of the family crocodylidae; (loosely) a crocodilian, any species of the order crocodilia, which also includes the alligators, caimans and gavials while wallet
is a small case, often flat and often made of leather, for keeping money (especially paper money), credit cards, etc.
Any of the predatory amphibious reptiles of the family Crocodylidae; (loosely) a crocodilian, any species of the order Crocodilia, which also includes the alligators, caimans and gavials.
* 2005 , Mwelwa Musambachime, Basic Facts on Zambia ,
* 2008', Walkter B. Wood, ''Chapter 16: Forensic Identification in Fatal '''Crocodile Attacks'', Marc Oxenham (editor), ''Forensic Approaches to Death, Disaster and Abuse ,
- Industrial and rural expansion is shrinking and destroying the Nile crocodile's' natural habitat. The Nile ' crocodiles , in particular, have been a source of highly durable leather for a variety of products which can be crafted and manufactured.
* 2011', Sam Thaker, ''The '''Crocodile's Teeth ,
- Two species of crocodile' inhabit Australian waterways: (a) the saltwater '''Crocodile''' — ''Crocodylus porosus'', and (b) the freshwater '''crocodile — ''Crocodylus johnstoni .
- One contained some brightly-coloured tropical birds, one a python and the other a large and very lively crocodile .
A long line or procession of people (especially children) walking together.
* 1939 , (George Orwell), Coming Up for Air , part 2, chapter 8
- I told the customer that the boxes containing the crocodile and the python were not packed to my satisfaction, as there were not enough nails securing them.
(logic) A fallacious dilemma, mythically supposed to have been first used by a crocodile.
* (Maria Edgeworth)
- Sometimes the kids from the slap-up boys' schools in Eastbourne used to be led round in crocodiles to hand out fags and peppermint creams to the 'wounded Tommies', as they called us.
- We have seen syllogisms, crocodiles , enthymemas, sorites, &c. explained and tried upon a boy of nine or ten years old in playful conversation
* (predatory amphibious reptile) croc (informal)
* American crocodile
* Australian freshwater crocodile
* black crocodile
* crocodile clip
* crocodile tears
* Cuban crocodile
* dwarf crocodile
* estuarine crocodile
* freshwater crocodile
* Johnston's crocodile
* Morelet's crocodile
* mugger crocodile
* New Guinea crocodile
* Nile crocodile
* Orinoco crocodile
* Philippine crocodile
* saltwater crocodile
* Siamese crocodile
* slender-snouted crocodile
* caiman, cayman
* freshie, freshy
* gavial, gharial
A small case, often flat and often made of leather, for keeping money (especially paper money), credit cards, etc.
(by extension, slang) A person's bank account or assets.
- The thief stole all the money and credit cards out of the old man's wallet .
A thick case or folder with plastic sleeves in which compact discs may be stored.
- It's unknown if the pro running back's recent sex scandal will hit him in the wallet or not.
(archaic) A bag or pouch.
- I won an auction online for a cheap CD wallet .
- He brought with him a large wallet with some provisions for the road.