Puggy vs Vuggy - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between puggy and vuggy
is that puggy
is resembling or characteristic of a pug dog while vuggy
is (geology) containing vugs.
Resembling or characteristic of a pug dog.
(Australia, New Zealand) sticky, claylike
- a puggy nose
(geology) Containing vugs.
* 1962 , Thomas A. Steven, James C. Ratté, Geology and Ore Deposits, Summitville District, San Juan Mountains, Colorado (Geological Survey Professional Paper 343), Geological Survey (U.S.) (publisher),
* 1975 , Robin G. C. Bathurst, Carbonate Sediments and Their Diagenesis ,
- Parts of the resistant veins have been strongly leached and consists(sic) of vuggy , porous quartz ; elsewhere compact quartz has replaced most of the constituents in the original rock.
* 1976 , Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Deep Sea Drilling Project, National Ocean Sediment Coring Program, Joint Oceanographic Institutions for Deep Earth Sampling, National Science Foundation (U.S.), Proceedings of the Ocean Drilling Program , Initial Report,
- The diachronous layers under the lagoons, when traced seaward, become more and more vuggy , as cement is more patchily developed, and eventually pass into separate lumps (Taylor and Illing, 1969).
- The basalt consists of a dark greenish-gray, aphyric, vesicular to vuggy' altered rock that is diabasic and vesicular near the top, but becomes steadily coarser, more ' vuggy , and trachitic in texture in the lower part of the unit.