Fanvid vs Vidder - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between fanvid and vidder
is that fanvid
is (chiefly|internet) a fan-made video consisting of clips from a film or television series, usually set to music while vidder
is a person who creates fanvids.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(chiefly, Internet) A fan-made video consisting of clips from a film or television series, usually set to music.
* AMV (anime music video)
A person who creates fanvids.
* 2006 , Rochelle Mazar, "Slash Fiction/Fanfiction", in The International Handbook of Virtual Learning Environments (eds. Joel Weiss, Jason Nolan, Jeremy Hunsinger, & Peter Pericles Trifonas), Springer (2006), ISBN 140203802X,
* 2010 , Kim Middleton, "Alternate Universes on Video: Fanvid and the Future of Narrative", in Writing and the Digital Generation: Essays on New Media Rhetoric (ed. Heather Urbanski), McFarland & Company (2010), ISBN 9780786437207,
- Old school vidders created these forms of post-modern art using a VCR; today more and more vids are being created using video software such as Adobe premiere and imovie.
* 2011 , Eve Ng, "Reading the Romance of Fan Cultural Production: Music Videos of a Television Lesbian Couple", in Gender, Race, and Class in Media: A Critical Reader (eds. Gail Dines & Jean M. Humez), SAGE Publications (2008), ISBN 9781412974417,
- In his desire to differentiate vidders' multi-layered work from MTV's commercial, iconographic aesthetic, Jenkins asserts: “fan video is first and foremost a narrative art” (233).
- In a similar vein, another vidder , who made several Lianca videos, wrote that “I would just hear a song and start seeing clips. I would be driving down the road and it would just hit.”