Halls vs Venues - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between halls and venues
is that halls
is while venues
(UK, uncountable) student accommodation
* 2004 , anonymous student, quoted in K Woodley, "Let the data sing: representing discourse in poetic form", Oral History volumes 31-32, page 49
* 2008 , Anshuman Ahmed Mondal, Young British Muslim Voices , page 15
- He was chatting to a couple of girls so I went over and introduced myself, said, "Hello, I er... I’m in the same halls as you." He just looked at me and said, "And?"
* 2009 , anonymous Disability Advisor, quoted in Supporting people with autism through adulthood , National Audit Office, page 30
- 'I had a massive argument with my parents about moving into halls' and they even tried to bribe me a bit and said, "You know, if you don't go into '''halls''' we'll give you the money that you would have paid in ' halls as a gift."
* 2010 , Julius Falconer, Tempt Not the Stars , page 127
- Once B started University he did really well; the structured environment provided by his university suited him well and he loved it so much that by the end of the first term he decided he did want to live in halls after all.
- 'Yes. The first year he was in halls but was glad to leave for digs after that.'