As nouns the difference between production and vendor
is that production
is the act of producing, making or creating something while vendor
is a person or a company that vends or sells.
The act of producing, making or creating something.
The act of bringing something forward, out etc. for use or consideration.
* 1910 , , "The Lost Sanjak", Reginald in Russia :
- The widget making machine is being used for production now.
the act of being produced
- I tramped to a neighbouring market-town, and, late as the hour was, the production of a few shillings procured me supper and a night's lodging in a cheap coffee-house.
the total amount produced
- The widgets are coming out of production now.
the presentation of a theatrical work
- They hope to increase spaghetti production next year.
an occasion or activity made more complicated than necessary
- We went to a production of Hamlet.
that which is manufactured or is ready for manufacturing in volume (as opposed to a prototype or conceptual model)
- He made a simple meal into a huge production .
The act of lengthening out or prolonging.
- This is the final production model.
* production line
A person or a company that vends or sells.
* Spanish: vender (to sell)