Font vs Vendor - What's the difference?
As a verb font
As a noun vendor is
a person or a company that vends or sells.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
From (etyl) font, from (etyl) .
A receptacle in a church for holy water - especially one used in baptism
A receptacle for oil in a lamp.
(figuratively) spring, source, fountain
* 1919 , :
- The Bible lays special stress on the fear of God as the font of wisdom.
From (etyl) fonte, feminine past participle of verb .
* fount (UK)
(typography) A set of glyphs of unified design, belonging to one typeface (e.g., Helvetica), style (e.g., italic), and weight (e.g., bold). Usually representing the letters of an alphabet and its supplementary characters.
# In metal typesetting, a set of type sorts in one size.
# In phototypesetting, a set of patterns forming glyphs of any size, or the film they are stored on.
# In digital typesetting, a set of glyphs in a single style, representing one or more alphabets or writing systems, or the computer code representing it.
(computing) A computer file containing the code used to draw and compose the glyphs of one or more typographic fonts on a computer display or printer. A font file.
* font family
* multilingual font
* Unicode font
* bitmap font
* screen font
* outline font
* printer font
* font suitcase
* roman font
* Bringhurst, Robert (2002). The Elements of Typographic Style, version 2.5 , pp 291–2. Vancouver, Hartley & Marks. ISBN 0-88179-133-4.
Apparently from (fount), with influence from the senses above (under etymology 1).
(figuratively) A source, wellspring, fount.
* 1824 — , canto V
* 1910 — , part II
- A gaudy taste; for they are little skill'd in
The arts of which these lands were once the font
* 1915 —
- As I am not drawing here on the font of imagination to refresh that of fact and experience, I do not suggest that the Tarot set the example of expressing Secret Doctrine in pictures and that it was followed by Hermetic writers; but it is noticeable that it is perhaps the earliest example of this art.
- I am interested to fix your attention on this prospect now because unless you take it within your view and permit the full significance of it to command your thought I cannot find the right light in which to set forth the particular matter that lies at the very font of my whole thought as I address you to-day.
A person or a company that vends or sells.
* Spanish: vender (to sell)