* feith, feithe, fayth, faythe, faithe (obsolete)
A feeling, conviction, or belief that something is true or real, not contingent upon reason or justification.
- Have faith that the criminal justice system will avenge the murder.
- I have faith that my prayers will be answered.
A religious belief system.
- I have faith in the healing power of crystals.
An obligation of loyalty or fidelity and the observance of such an obligation.
- The Christian faith .
A trust or confidence in the intentions or abilities of a person, object, or ideal.
- He acted in good faith to restore broken diplomatic ties after defeating the incumbent.
(obsolete) Credibility or truth.
- I have faith in the goodness of my fellow man.
- the faith of the foregoing narrative
* belief, confidence, trust,ignorance, arrogance, conviction
* (system of religious belief) religion
* (religious belief system) Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Wicca, Eckankar, , Zoroastrianism, New Age, Unitarian Universalism, Jainism, Shinto, LaVeyan Satanism, Scientology, Taoism, Yoruba, Druidry, paganism, Juche, Cao Dai, Confucianism, Spiritism, humanism, Rastafarianism, Tenrikyo
* Attic faith
* bad faith
* in faith
* Punic faith
a collection of guiding principles; what one deems to be correct and desirable in life, especially regarding personal conduct.
* (a bunch of guiding principles) ethic