Unspeakable vs Unverbalizable - What's the difference?
Unspeakable is a synonym of unverbalizable.
As adjectives the difference between unspeakable and unverbalizable
is that unspeakable
is incapable of being spoken or uttered; unutterable; ineffable; inexpressible while unverbalizable
is not verbalizable; that cannot be verbalized.
Incapable of being spoken or uttered; unutterable; ineffable; inexpressible.
* 1855-1882 , , book xv,
Unfit or not permitted to be spoken or described.
* 1916 , , A Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man , ch. 3,
- The endless pride and outstretching of man, unspeakable joys and sorrows.
Extremely bad or objectionable.
- The miser will remember his hoard of gold, the robber his ill-gotten wealth, the angry and revengeful and merciless murderers their deeds of blood and violence in which they revelled, the impure and adulterous the unspeakable and filthy pleasures in which they delighted.
- an unspeakable fool
* 1926 , ,
- an unspeakable play
- Yet to my horror I saw in its eaten-away and bone-revealing outlines a leering, abhorrent travesty on the human shape; and in its mouldy, disintegrating apparel an unspeakable quality that chilled me even more.
* See also
unspeakable" in the Wordsmyth Dictionary-Thesaurus (Wordsmyth, 2002)
unspeakable" in Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary (Cambridge University Press, 2007)
unspeakable" at Rhymezone (Datamuse, 2006).
* Oxford English Dictionary , second edition (1989)
Not verbalizable; that cannot be verbalized.