As adjectives the difference between unpitched and unpatched
is that unpitched
is not having been pitched while unpatched
is not fitted with patches.
Not having been pitched.
(music) Without pitch.
* 2006 , Anssi Klapuri, Manuel Davy, Signal processing methods for music transcription
- An unpitched tent is just a pile of fabric.
- In particular, the vast majority of research to date has focused on the unpitched percussion instruments found in Western popular music
Not fitted with patches.
(computing) For which a patch is not yet available.
* 2007 , Harris et al'', ''Gray Hat Hacking: The Ethical Hacker's Handbook
- ragged, unpatched jeans
(computing) Not patched; to which a patch has not been applied.
* 2003 , Derek Vadala, Managing RAID on Linux
- Microsoft is actually pretty good about warning users about active attacks abusing unpatched vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer.
- When working with kernel patches, it's a good idea to apply them to a clean, unpatched kernel.