Unpitched vs Unpatched - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between unpitched and unpatched
is that unpitched
is not having been pitched while unpatched
is not fitted with patches.
Not having been pitched.
(music) Without pitch.
* 2006 , Anssi Klapuri, Manuel Davy, Signal processing methods for music transcription
- An unpitched tent is just a pile of fabric.
- In particular, the vast majority of research to date has focused on the unpitched percussion instruments found in Western popular music
Not fitted with patches.
(computing) For which a patch is not yet available.
* 2007 , Harris et al'', ''Gray Hat Hacking: The Ethical Hacker's Handbook
- ragged, unpatched jeans
(computing) Not patched; to which a patch has not been applied.
* 2003 , Derek Vadala, Managing RAID on Linux
- Microsoft is actually pretty good about warning users about active attacks abusing unpatched vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer.
- When working with kernel patches, it's a good idea to apply them to a clean, unpatched kernel.