As a verb inflate
is to enlarge an object by pushing air (or a gas) into it; to raise or expand abnormally.
As an adjective uninflated is
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To enlarge an object by pushing air (or a gas) into it; to raise or expand abnormally
* J. Scott of Amwell
- You inflate a balloon by blowing air into it.
To enlarge by filling with air (or a gas).
- When passion's tumults in the bosom rise, / Inflate the features, and enrage the eyes.
(figurative) To swell; to puff up.
- The balloon will inflate if you blow into it.
- to inflate somebody with pride or vanity
To decompress (data) that was previously deflated.
- Inflate themselves with some insane delight.