Imported vs Unimported - What's the difference?
As a verb imported
As an adjective unimported is
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(verb) From (etyl) importen, from (etyl) importer, from (etyl) .
(countable) Something brought in from an exterior source, especially for sale or trade.
(uncountable) The practice of importing.
(uncountable) Significance, importance.
* (significance) importancy, importance, meaning, significance, weight
* (practice of importing) export
* (something brought in from a foreign country) export
To bring (something) in from a foreign country, especially for sale or trade.
To load a file into a software application from another version or system.
- How can I import files from older versions of this application?
* (bring in from a foreign country) export
From (etyl) importare, and (etyl) importer, from (etyl) .
To be important; to be significant; to be of consequence.
* 1661 , Thomas Salusbury:
To be of importance to (someone or something).
* 1593 , Shakespeare, Love's Labour's Lost :
- See how much it importeth to learn to take Time by the Fore-Top.''
- This Letter is mistooke: it importeth none here: It is writ to laquenetta.
To be incumbent on (someone to do something).
* 1762 , David Hume, The History of England :
- If I endure it, what imports it you?
To be important or crucial to (that something happen).
* 1819 , Shelley, "The Cenci":
- It imports us to get all the aid and assistance we can.
To mean, signify.
- It much imports your house That all should be made clear.
(archaic) To express, to imply.
- Every petition always import a multitude of speakers together.