* Nouns to which "contaminated" is often applied: food, meat, fish, milk, water, groundwater, land, soil, sediment, site, property, air, product, material.
Disadvantageous, adverse, unsuitable, inconducive; serving to hinder or oppose.
* 1863 , , Excursions , ch. 6:
Not favorable, disapproving.
* 1860 , , The Mill on the Floss , ch. 11:
- The shade of a dense pine wood, is more unfavorable to the springing up of pines of the same species than of oaks within it.
(of wind or weather) Causing obstacles or delay; not conducive to travel or work; inclement.
* 1855 , , Israel Potter , ch. 17:
- [Y]et the thing she most dreaded was to offend the gypsies, by betraying her extremely unfavorable opinion of them.
Not auspicious; ill-boding.
* 1903 , , The Filigree Ball , ch. 6:
- The wind was right under the land, the tide unfavorable.
- The fact that the bride went through the ceremony without her bridal bouquet is looked upon by many as an unfavorable omen.
* Nouns to which "unfavorable" is often applied: condition, circumstance, weather, climate, outcome, result, opinion, view, impression, effect, consequence, impact, influence, environment, balance, information, report, prognosis, rating, evaluation, review, position, factor, feature, aspect, reaction, response, attitude, season, development, treatment, ruling, case, state, experience, inference.