As a verb mist
is (to mock a work by inserting annotations).
As an adjective undefined is
lacking a definition or value.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(uncountable) Water or other liquid finely suspended in air.
(countable) A layer of fine droplets or particles.
- It was difficult to see through the morning mist .
(figurative) Anything that dims or darkens, and obscures or intercepts vision.
- There was an oily mist on the lens .
- His passion cast a mist before his sense.
* mists of time
* red mist
To form mist.
To spray fine droplets on, particularly of water.
- It's misting this morning.
To cover with a mist.
- I mist my tropical plants every morning.
- The lens was misted .
(of the eyes) To be covered by tears.
- My eyes misted when I remembered what had happened.
* mist over
Lacking a definition or value.
(mathematics, computing) That does not have a meaning and is thus not assigned an interpretation.
- The result of division by zero is undefined .