Oiliness vs Unctuosity - What's the difference?
Oiliness is a synonym of unctuosity.
As nouns the difference between oiliness and unctuosity
is that oiliness
is the quality of being oily while unctuosity
is the state or characteristic of being unctuous.
the quality of being oily
The state or characteristic of being unctuous.
* 1884 , , Becket , act 3, sc. 3:
* 1909 , H. H. Schroeder, "Self-Esteem and the Love of Recognition as Sources of Conduct," International Journal of Ethics , volume 19, no. 2, page 185:
- Then followed the thunder of the captains and the shouting, and so we came on to the banquet, from whence there puffed out such an incense of unctuosity into the nostrils of our Gods of Church and State, that Lucullus or Apicius might have sniffed it in their Hades of heathenism.
- [I]n place of the bland and genial affability of genuine cordiality and good will we have the smooth and oily unctuosity of its inferior counterfeit.
* greasiness, oiliness, unctuousness