As adjectives the difference between asleep and unasleep
is that asleep
is in a state of sleep; also, broadly, resting while unasleep
is (rare) not asleep; awake.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
In a state of sleep; also, broadly, resting.
- I was asleep when you called.
- Never disturb a man asleep .
(of a body part) Having a numb or prickling sensation accompanied by a degree of unresponsiveness.
- How could you miss that? Were you asleep ?
* 2003 , Norma L. Bronoski, Nuns Don't Dance ,
- My arm fell asleep . You know, like pins and needles.
- Louisa sat in the car crying, until her foot fell asleep . She shook her foot violently, afraid the numbness would turn to frostbite.
* Not used in attributive position.
* pins and needles
(rare) Not asleep; awake.