Advisable vs Unadvisable - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between advisable and unadvisable
is that advisable
is (of a course of action) worthy of being recommended; desirable while unadvisable
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(of a course of action) Worthy of being recommended; desirable.
* 1813 , , Pride and Prejudice , ch. 19,
(of a person) Capable of being advised or willing to be advised.
- Perhaps it will be advisable for me to state my reasons for marrying.
* (worthy of being recommended) prudent, wise
* (capable of being advised) counselable
*1948 , William Burroughs, letter, 5 Jun 1948:
*:Will go back there to get it in a week or so, but may find the harvest unadvisable for reasons of security.
(archaic) Unwilling to take advice.
* "Inadvisable" is used about 10 times more frequently than "unadvisable" at COCA (US usage) and 20 times more at BNC (UK written usage).