As adjectives the difference between destructive and ultimate
is that destructive
is causing destruction; damaging while ultimate
is final; last in a series.
As a noun ultimate is
the most basic or fundamental of a set of things.
Causing destruction; damaging.
, date=February 14
, author=Scott Tobias
, title=Film: Reviews: A Good Day To Die Hard
, work=The Onion AV Club
, passage=After rescuing his estranged daughter in the last film, Live Free Or Die Hard, Willis heads to Russia to rescue his estranged son (Jai Courtney), a CIA agent on a mission to protect a whistleblower (Sebastian Koch) from a corrupt government official (Sergei Kolesnikov) with no shortage of destructive
resources at his disposal.}}
Causing breakdown or disassembly.
- Catabolism is a destructive metabolism which involves the break down of molecules and release of energy.
Final; last in a series.
, year= 1677
, author= (Robert Plot
, title= The natural history of Oxford-shire: Being an Essay Toward the Natural History of England
, url= http://books.google.com/books?id=EUqd_M1x40QC&pg=PA15
, page= 15
, chapter= Of the Heavens and Air
(of a syllable) Last in a word or other utterance.
Being the greatest possible; maximum; most extreme.
- the ultimate pleasure
- the ultimate disappointment
Being the most distant or extreme; farthest.
That will happen at some time; eventual.
Last in a train of progression or consequences; tended toward by all that precedes; arrived at, as the last result; final.
- Hepaticology, outside the temperate parts of the Northern Hemisphere, still lies deep in the shadow cast by that ultimate "closet taxonomist," Franz Stephani—a ghost whose shadow falls over us all.
Incapable of further analysis; incapable of further division or separation; constituent; elemental.
- those ultimate truths and those universal laws of thought which we cannot rationally contradict
- an ultimate constituent of matter
The most basic or fundamental of a set of things
The final or most distant point; the conclusion
The greatest extremity; the maximum
(uncountable) The sport of ultimate frisbee.