As adjectives the difference between tortuous and twisted
is that tortuous
is twisted; having many turns; convoluted while twisted
As a verb twisted is
Twisted; having many turns; convoluted.
* 2007 October 6, “Slogging on the Home Front”, editorial in ,
- It still takes almost half a year for the average veteran’s claim for disability benefits to be decided in a tortuous process that can involve four separate hearings.
(obsolete) injurious; tortious
(astrology) oblique; applied to the six signs of the zodiac (from Capricorn to Gemini) that ascend most rapidly and obliquely
- The badger made his dark and tortuous hole on the side of every hill where the copsewood grew thick.
- Infortunate ascendent tortuous .
* This term has strongly negative connotations, perhaps transferred from the similar-sounding adjective torturous .
* Not to be confused with the legal term tortious .
Mentally disturbed or unsound.