Avid vs Twihard - What's the difference?
As an adjective avid
is enthusiastic; passionate; longing eagerly; eager; greedy.
As a noun twihard is
(fandom slang) an avid fan of (stephenie meyer
book series or the related films.
enthusiastic; passionate; longing eagerly; eager; greedy
* 1996 , , Oyster , Virago Press, paperback edition, page 3
- I'm an avid reader.
- We waited for something to happen, for anything to happen, we were avid for some event to unfold itself out of the burning nothing to save us.
(fandom slang) An avid fan of (Stephenie Meyer)'s book series or the related films.
* 2009 , Ann Donahue, "'New Moon' Rising", Billboard , 3 October 2009,
* 2011 , Craig Romano, Backpacking Washington: Overnight and Multiday Routes , The Mountaineers Books (2011), ISBN 9781594851100,
- Getting "Twihards " who love virtuous vampires to buy the soundtrack is easy — but getting Radiohead fans to plunk down cash for a little bit of the "New Moon" universe will be a coup.
* 2014 , Samantha Tonge, From Paris, With Love , Carina (2014), ISBN 9781472096364,
- Beginning at popular Rialto Beach, share this classic coastline with beachcombers, dog walkers (allowed on-leash to Ellen Creek), and scores of Twihards from across the country.
- 'Not me, I'm an out and out Twihard , loved the vampires in Twilight – still do, always will – so I know what it's like when people take the mickey. My brothers drew huge fangs and devil tails on all my posters of Robert Pattinson.'
* fanpire, Twifan, Twilighter, Twitard (derogatory)