As nouns the difference between twelve and twelveish
is that twelve
is a group of twelve items while twelveish
is (colloquial) any time close to twelve o'clock.
As a numeral twelve
is the cardinal number occurring after eleven and before thirteen, represented in arabic numerals as 12 and in roman numerals as xii.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
* Arabic numerals:
* Roman numerals: XII
The cardinal number occurring after eleven and before thirteen, represented in Arabic numerals as 12 and in Roman numerals as XII.
- There are twelve months in a year.
* Last: eleven. Next: thirteen
A group of twelve items.
A twelve-bore gun.
* 1982 , (Lawrence Durrell), Constance'', Faber & Faber 2004 (''Avignon Quintet ), p. 880:
- Fractions would be a little easier if we counted by twelves .
(legal) (colloquial) A jury (normally composed of twelve persons).
- In this way Von Esslin ‘inherited’ two fine hammerless twelves which he used once or twice for duck on the Camargue.
(colloquial) Any time close to twelve o'clock.