As nouns the difference between taxonomy and twelve
is that taxonomy
is the science or the technique used to make a classification while twelve
is a group of twelve items.
As a numeral twelve is
the cardinal number occurring after eleven and before thirteen, represented in arabic numerals as 12 and in roman numerals as xii.
The science or the technique used to make a classification.
A classification; especially , a classification in a hierarchical system.
(taxonomy, uncountable) The science of finding, describing, classifying and naming organisms.
* alpha taxonomy
* folk taxonomy
* scientific taxonomy
* Arabic numerals:
* Roman numerals: XII
The cardinal number occurring after eleven and before thirteen, represented in Arabic numerals as 12 and in Roman numerals as XII.
- There are twelve months in a year.
* Ordinal: twelfth
* Last: eleven. Next: thirteen
A group of twelve items.
A twelve-bore gun.
* 1982 , (Lawrence Durrell), Constance'', Faber & Faber 2004 (''Avignon Quintet ), p. 880:
- Fractions would be a little easier if we counted by twelves .
(legal) (colloquial) A jury (normally composed of twelve persons).
- In this way Von Esslin ‘inherited’ two fine hammerless twelves which he used once or twice for duck on the Camargue.