As numerals the difference between twelve and twelfe
is that twelve
is the cardinal number occurring after eleven and before thirteen, represented in Arabic numerals as 12 and in Roman numerals as XII while twelfe
is obsolete form of lang=en.
As a noun twelve
is a group of twelve items.
As an adjective twelfe is
obsolete form of lang=en.
* Arabic numerals:
* Roman numerals: XII
The cardinal number occurring after eleven and before thirteen, represented in Arabic numerals as 12 and in Roman numerals as XII.
- There are twelve months in a year.
* Ordinal: twelfth
* Last: eleven. Next: thirteen
A group of twelve items.
A twelve-bore gun.
* 1982 , (Lawrence Durrell), Constance'', Faber & Faber 2004 (''Avignon Quintet ), p. 880:
- Fractions would be a little easier if we counted by twelves .
(legal) (colloquial) A jury (normally composed of twelve persons).
- In this way Von Esslin ‘inherited’ two fine hammerless twelves which he used once or twice for duck on the Camargue.
* , scene i:
- Tis now ?trooke twelfe , get thee to bed Franci?co ,