From (etyl) wene, from (etyl) .
(obsolete) Doubt; conjecture.
From (etyl) wenen, from (etyl) .
(label) To suppose, imagine; to think, believe.
*:And ryght as Arthur was on horsbak / ther cam a damoisel from Morgan le fey and broughte vnto syr Arthur a swerd lyke vnto Excalibur // and sayd vnto Arthur Morgan le fey sendeth here your swerd for grete loue / and he thanked her / & wende it had ben so / but she was fals / for the swerd and the scaubard was counterfeet & brutyll and fals
*1526 , (William Tyndale), trans. (Bible) , (w) VIII:
*:Then sayde Peter unto hym: Perissh thou and thy money togedder. For thou wenest that the gyfte of god maye be obteyned with money?
(label) To expect, hope or wish.
*1481 , Author unknown (pseudonym Sir (John Mandeville)), The travels of Sir John Mandeville :
*:And when they will fight they will shock them together in a plump; that if there be 20000 men, men shall not ween that there be scant 10000.
*1562 , (John Heywood), The proverbs, epigrams, and miscellanies of John Heywood :
*:Wise men in old time would ween' themselves fools; Fools now in new time will ' ween themselves wise.
*1677 , Thomas Mall, A cloud of witnesses :
*:… for I ween he will no longer suffer him to abide among the adulterous and wicked Generation of this World.
*1793 , (Samuel Taylor Coleridge), (Christabel) :
*:But neither heat, nor frost, nor thunder,
*:Shall wholly do away, I ween ,
*:The marks of that which once hath been.
*1884 , , (Princess Ida) :
*:Yet humble second shall be first, I ween
*1974 , (Stanislaw Lem), (The Cyberiad) :
*:Klapaucius too, I ween , Will turn the deepest green
*:To hear such flawless verse from Trurl's machine.
Contraction of between.
(animation) An action of tweening (inserting frames for continuity); a sequence of frames generated by tweening.
* 2004 , Andy Anderson, Mark Del Lima, Steve Johnson, Show Me Macromedia Flash MX 2004 ,
* 2009 , Keith Butters, Teach Yourself VISUALLY Flash CS4 Professional ,
- Because the results of a shape tween' can be unpredictable, you can set shape hints to let Flash know how to proceed with the ' tween .
* 2009 , Rich Shupe, Learning Flash CS4 Professional ,
- A tween' is a method of creating animation, where you tell Flash where to start and where to end, and Flash does all the work in the middle. There are three types of ' tweens : Classic, Shape, and Motion.
- If you select the frames first, they will be replaced by the copied tween .
(cinematography) To generate intermediate frames in an animated sequence so as to give the appearance of smooth movement.
* 2004 , D. P. Mukherjee, Fundamentals of Computer Graphics and Multimedia ,
* 2005 , Ellen Finkelstein, Gurdy Leete, Macromedia Flash 8 For Dummies ,
- The two most important and advanced ingredients of today's animation are tweening and morphing.
* 2012 , Christopher Griffith, Real-World Flash Game Development , 2nd Edition,
- Simple motion tweening' moves your objects in a straight line from here to there.You can also combine frame-by-frame animation with ' tweened animation.
- The first parameter is the object that you want to tween , and the second parameter is the amount of time you want it to take in seconds.
(nonce word) A number in the twenties, or from 23 to 32.
, title=The Fellowship of the Ring
, author=JRR Tolkien
, year=1955 (1974)
, passage=At that time Frodo was still in his tweens , as the hobbits called the irresponsible twenties between childhood and the coming of age at thirty-three.}}
A person who is neither a young child nor an adolescent, one of an age in the range of 8 to 12 years old or a similar range.
* 2002 March 2, Billboard , Volume 114, Number 9, page 70,
* 2004 , Lisa Johnson, Andrea Learned, Don't Think Pink: What Really Makes Women Buy--And How to Increase Your Share of This Crucial Market ,
- When Play Along — the holder of the Care Bears master toy license — placed Care Bears plushes in Spencer Gifts last year, tweens and teenage girls bought the toys.
* 2011', Hollie Smith, ''You and Your '''Tween : Managing the years from 9 to 13 , Netmums,
- This grade school thinking forgets that tweens are one of the most sophisticated groups of consumers in the marketplace, and that kids this age have zero tolerance for being treated like children.
- However, if we worry too much about feeding our tweens , and if we show them we're worried, we could be passing on some unhealthy messages.