A between-maid, or maidservant who helps the cook as well as the housemaid.
*1926 , (Ford Madox Ford), A Man Could Stand Up—'', Penguin 2012 (''Parade's End ), p. 540:
*:‘You subscribed,’ Valentine said, ‘to purchase his library and presented it to his wife…who had nothing to eat but what my wages as a tweeny maid got for her.’
* 2006 , Thomas Pynchon, Against the Day , Vintage 2007, p. 259:
- Madame Eskimoff's tweeny had brought out tea and a gâteau, as well as a twelve-year-old Speyside malt and glasses.
Contraction of between.
(animation) An action of tweening (inserting frames for continuity); a sequence of frames generated by tweening.
* 2004 , Andy Anderson, Mark Del Lima, Steve Johnson, Show Me Macromedia Flash MX 2004 ,
* 2009 , Keith Butters, Teach Yourself VISUALLY Flash CS4 Professional ,
- Because the results of a shape tween' can be unpredictable, you can set shape hints to let Flash know how to proceed with the ' tween .
* 2009 , Rich Shupe, Learning Flash CS4 Professional ,
- A tween' is a method of creating animation, where you tell Flash where to start and where to end, and Flash does all the work in the middle. There are three types of ' tweens : Classic, Shape, and Motion.
- If you select the frames first, they will be replaced by the copied tween .
(cinematography) To generate intermediate frames in an animated sequence so as to give the appearance of smooth movement.
* 2004 , D. P. Mukherjee, Fundamentals of Computer Graphics and Multimedia ,
* 2005 , Ellen Finkelstein, Gurdy Leete, Macromedia Flash 8 For Dummies ,
- The two most important and advanced ingredients of today's animation are tweening and morphing.
* 2012 , Christopher Griffith, Real-World Flash Game Development , 2nd Edition,
- Simple motion tweening' moves your objects in a straight line from here to there.You can also combine frame-by-frame animation with ' tweened animation.
- The first parameter is the object that you want to tween , and the second parameter is the amount of time you want it to take in seconds.
(nonce word) A number in the twenties, or from 23 to 32.
, title=The Fellowship of the Ring
, author=JRR Tolkien
, year=1955 (1974)
, passage=At that time Frodo was still in his tweens , as the hobbits called the irresponsible twenties between childhood and the coming of age at thirty-three.}}
A person who is neither a young child nor an adolescent, one of an age in the range of 8 to 12 years old or a similar range.
* 2002 March 2, Billboard , Volume 114, Number 9, page 70,
* 2004 , Lisa Johnson, Andrea Learned, Don't Think Pink: What Really Makes Women Buy--And How to Increase Your Share of This Crucial Market ,
- When Play Along — the holder of the Care Bears master toy license — placed Care Bears plushes in Spencer Gifts last year, tweens and teenage girls bought the toys.
* 2011', Hollie Smith, ''You and Your '''Tween : Managing the years from 9 to 13 , Netmums,
- This grade school thinking forgets that tweens are one of the most sophisticated groups of consumers in the marketplace, and that kids this age have zero tolerance for being treated like children.
- However, if we worry too much about feeding our tweens , and if we show them we're worried, we could be passing on some unhealthy messages.