Turps - What does it mean?
(informal) Turpentine or turpentine substitute.
(slang, Australia, New Zealand) Any alcoholic drink.
* 2005 , Paul Smitz, Australia & New Zealand on a Shoestring ,
* 2006 , Gregor Paul, Hard Men Fight Back: Kiwi Sportsmen Who Beat the Odds to Live Their Dream ,
- Generally, big nights on the turps take place in The Rocks and around Kings Cross — where you'll hear and smell the action pretty quickly.
* 2010 , Alex Bartoli, Rachel: A Story of Obsessive Love : A Novel ,
- Crazy sessions on the turps were all part of the culture.
- She caught my eye, and called out, “Just showing off the studio. Keep the turps flowing.”
* on the turps
Not English has no English definition. It may be misspelled.