As nouns the difference between fetus and tumor
is that fetus
is while tumor
is a tumor (oncology, pathology: an abnormal growth).
* (chiefly Canadian and US) fetus
(Canada, US) An unborn or unhatched vertebrate showing signs of the mature animal.
(Canada, US) A human embryo after the 8th week of gestation.
- The sequence is; molecules in reproductive systems, then gametes, zygotes, morulas, blastocysts, and then fetuses .
* The form fetus is preferred in North America and in the scientific community, whereas foetus is still commonly used in Commonwealth nations.
* tumour (Commonwealth)
(oncology, pathology) An abnormal growth; differential diagnosis includes abscess, metaplasia, and neoplasia.
is the standard modern spelling elsewhere.
* (an abnormal growth) neoplasm
* (an abnormal growth) adenoma, granuloma
* See also