Tricast vs Trifecta - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between tricast and trifecta
is that tricast
is (british) a specific kind of horse race betting, made by choosing the first three horses home in the correct order or tricast
can be the simultaneous broadcasting of an audio via fm, web streaming and podcasting used in radio stations while trifecta
is (us|australia|new zealand) a bet in which the bettor must select the first three placegetters of a race in the order in which they finish.
From (tri-) and (forecast).
(British) A specific kind of horse race betting, made by choosing the first three horses home in the correct order.
From (tri-) and (broadcast).
The simultaneous broadcasting of an audio via FM, web streaming and podcasting. Used in radio stations.
* Tricast' or ' Tri-cast
(US, Australia, New Zealand) A bet in which the bettor must select the first three placegetters of a race in the order in which they finish.
* 2006 , Vincent Conti, Thoroughbred Horse Racing Systems and Methodologies ,
* 2010 , Leonard A. Asimow, Mark M. Maxwell, Probability and Statistics with Applications: A Problem Solving Text ,
- The conservative player will play the exacta box bet and the occasional trifecta box wager.
(US, Australia, New Zealand) The attainment of three important achievements, qualities, etc.
(US, by extension) A set of three related things, often things that cause problems.
- In a trifecta , you must wager on three horses: the one that finishes first (win), the one that finishes second (place), and the one that finishes third (show) in order.
* 2011', Beatriz Scaglia, ''
The '''Trifecta of Evil and the Crisis of Faith: Devil, Satan, and Lucifer .
* 2011', Markus Horner, ''
Consistently Persistent: Living with the Tourette '''Trifecta .