(US, Australia, New Zealand) A bet in which the bettor must select the first three placegetters of a race in the order in which they finish.
* 2006 , Vincent Conti, Thoroughbred Horse Racing Systems and Methodologies ,
* 2010 , Leonard A. Asimow, Mark M. Maxwell, Probability and Statistics with Applications: A Problem Solving Text ,
- The conservative player will play the exacta box bet and the occasional trifecta box wager.
(US, Australia, New Zealand) The attainment of three important achievements, qualities, etc.
(US, by extension) A set of three related things, often things that cause problems.
- In a trifecta , you must wager on three horses: the one that finishes first (win), the one that finishes second (place), and the one that finishes third (show) in order.
* 2011', Beatriz Scaglia, ''
The '''Trifecta of Evil and the Crisis of Faith: Devil, Satan, and Lucifer .
* 2011', Markus Horner, ''
Consistently Persistent: Living with the Tourette '''Trifecta .
A grouping of three.
(music) A chord consisting of a root tone, the tone two degrees higher, and the tone four degrees higher in a given scale.
(electronics) on a CRT display, a group of three neighbouring phosphor dots, coloured green, red, and blue.
A branch of a Chinese underground criminal society, mostly based in Hong Kong.
* (group of three) threesome, trine, trinity, trio, triplet, troika, triumvirate