As nouns the difference between cabal and travesty
is that cabal
is a usually secret exclusive organization of individuals gathered for a political purpose while travesty
is an absurd or grotesque misrepresentation.
As verbs the difference between cabal and travesty
is that cabal
is to engage in the activities of a while travesty
is to make a travesty of; to parody.
A usually secret exclusive organization of individuals gathered for a political purpose.
A secret plot.
- The cabal is plotting to take over the world.
An identifiable group within the tradition of .
- The cabal to destroy the building was foiled by federal agents.
- Some episkoposes have a one-man cabal . Some work together. Some never do explain.
* TINC (there is no cabal)
To engage in the activities of a
* I believed her to have been carried off by some persons belonging to a party of Jacobites who were known to be caballing against the government, though to what extent was not then ascertained.
, title=The king's highway
, author=George Payne Rainsford James
* cabal glass
An absurd or grotesque misrepresentation.
* De Quincey
A parody or stylistic imitation.
(pejorative) A grossly inferior imitation.
- The second edition is not a recast, but absolutely a travesty of the first.
- A battlefield trial is a travesty of justice.
To make a travesty of; to parody.