Transport vs Cart - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between transport and cart
is that transport
is to change the location or place of while cart
is to carry goods.
As nouns the difference between transport and cart
is that transport
is an act of transporting; conveyance while cart
is a small, open, wheeled vehicle, drawn or pushed by a person or animal, more often used for transporting goods than passengers or cart
can be (video games|informal) a cartridge for a video game system.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To carry or bear from one place to another; to remove; to convey.
(historical) To deport to a penal colony.
(figuratively) To move (someone) to strong emotion; to carry away.
- to transport''' goods; to '''transport troops
- Music transports the soul.
- [They] laugh as if transported with some fit / Of passion.
- We shall then be transported with a nobler wonder.
* (carry or bear from one place to another) convey, ferry, move, relocate, shift, ship
* banish, deport, exile, expatriate, extradite
* (move someone to strong emotion) carry away, enrapture
An act of transporting; conveyance.
The state of being transported by emotion; rapture.
A vehicle used to transport (passengers, mail, freight, troops etc.)
(Canada) A tractor-trailer.
The system of transporting passengers, etc. in a particular region; the vehicles used in such a system.
A device that moves recording tape across the read/write heads of a tape recorder or video recorder etc.
(historical) A deported convict.
* (act of transporting) conveyance, ferrying, moving, relocation, shifting, shipping
* (state of being transported by emotion) rapture
* (system of transporting people) See public transport
* (device that moves recording tape across the heads of a recorder)
* deportee, exile, expatriate
Probably from Old English .
A small, open, wheeled vehicle, drawn or pushed by a person or animal, more often used for transporting goods than passengers.
, title=(The Celebrity
, passage=We made an odd party before the arrival of the Ten, particularly when the Celebrity dropped in for lunch or dinner. He could not be induced to remain permanently at Mohair because Miss Trevor was at Asquith, but he appropriated a Hempstead cart
from the Mohair stables and made the trip sometimes twice in a day.}}
A small motor vehicle resembling a car; a go-cart.
* golf cart
* luggage cart
* put the cart before the horse
* shopping cart
To carry goods.
To carry or convey in a cart.
(obsolete) To expose in a cart by way of punishment.
- I've been carting these things around all day .
- She chuckled when a bawd was carted .
Shortened from (cartridge).
(video games, informal) A cartridge for a video game system.
- My ''Final Fantasy'' cart on the NES is still alive and kicking.