Infectious is a related term of transmittable.
As adjectives the difference between infectious and transmittable
is that infectious
is (pathology|of an illness) transmitted from one person to another, usually through the air breathed while transmittable
is able to be transmitted.
(pathology, of an illness) Transmitted from one person to another, usually through the air breathed.
- Cancer is not infectious .
(pathology, of a person) Able to infect others.
- More infectious diseases like the flu are usually less potent.
(of feelings and behaviour) Spreading quickly from one person to another.
- Despite feeling better, the patient is still infectious .
(informal) Memorable and invoking excitement or interest.
- Her enthusiasm for work can be really infectious .
- Pop music is more infectious than elevator music.
* (transmitted between persons as illness) catching, contagious
* (able to infect others) contagious
* (spreading quickly between persons) contagious
* (memorable and exciting) catchy, contagious
able to be transmitted