Trans vs Tranq - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between trans and tranq
is that trans
is while tranq
is (slang) a tranquilizer.
As an adjective trans
is (chemistry) in (or constituting, forming, or describing) a double bond in which the greater radical on both ends is on the opposite side of the bond.
As a verb tranq is
(slang|transitive) to tranquilize.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
From (etyl) ).
(chemistry) In (or constituting, forming, or describing) a double bond in which the greater radical on both ends is on the opposite side of the bond.
(cytology) Of the side of the Golgi apparatus farther from the endoplasmic reticulum.
(colloquial) Transgender, transsexual.
An umbrella term that refers to all the identities, other then cisgender, that are within the gender identity spectrum.
- the trans effect is the labilization of ligands which are trans to certain other ligands
Compare (m) and its usage notes, particularly with regard to the gender-related sense. Compare and and its usage notes with regards to the umbrella sense.
* trans fat
* transman / trans man; transwoman / trans woman
(slang) A tranquilizer.
* 1982 , Sue Grafton, A is for Alibi
* 1992 , Sisters of Mercy, Alice (song)
- "I gave her a tranq ," he said with anguish. "She asked for one and I found this bottle in the medicine cabinet and gave it to her."
- She needs you like she needs her tranqs / To tell her that the world is clean.
(slang) To tranquilize.
* 2007 , Michele LeBlanc, Belt Buckles and Pajamas (page 65)
* 2008 , Charlotte Boyett-Compo, In the Arms of the Wind (page 144)
- He was about to stand up and start on another rant, which only would have led to Sam tranqing him.
English words containing Q not followed by U
- He fumbled at the dart but the needle was barbed and wouldn't come out. His fingers slid from it as a powerful numbness began to creep over his extremities. “Got him!” the man who had tranqed him shouted to his buddies.