Frank vs Trank - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between frank and trank
is that frank
is one of the franks, a germanic federation that inhabited parts of what are now france, the low countries and germany while trank
As a proper noun frank
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
From (etyl) , in turn from the name of an early Germanic confederation, the Franks .
honest, especially in an manner that seems slightly blunt; candid; not reserved or disguised.
(medicine) unmistakable, clinically obvious, self-evident
- May I be frank with you?
(obsolete) Unbounded by restrictions, limitations, etc.; free.
- The research probes whether treating pre-diabetes with metformin can prevent progression to frank diabetes.
(obsolete) Liberal; generous; profuse.
- It is of frank gift.
(obsolete, derogatory) Unrestrained; loose; licentious.
- Frank of civilities that cost them nothing.
(uncountable) Free postage, a right exercised by governments (usually with definite article).
(countable) The notice on an envelope where a stamp would normally be found.
- I have said so much, that, if I had not a frank , I must burn my letter and begin again.
To place a frank on an envelope.
* 1811 , Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility , chapter 20
To exempt from charge for postage, as a letter, package, or packet, etc.
To send by public conveyance free of expense.
- It will be so ridiculous to see all his letters directed to him with an M.P.—But do you know, he says, he will never frank for me?
- (Charles Dickens)
Shortened form of frankfurter.
A hot dog or sausage.
- Buy a package of franks for the barbecue.
, year = 1978
, title =
, people = (Jackie Cooper
, role = (Perry White
, passage = I want the name of this flying whatchamacallit to go with the Daily Planet like bacon and eggs, franks
and beans, death and taxes, politics and corruption!
(UK) the grey heron.
To shut up in a frank or sty; to pen up; hence, to cram; to fatten.
(slang) To tranquilize.